Monday, December 24, 2012

Well, I thought we were passed the demolition stage, so you can imagine my surprise when I walked in last week and saw that almost all of the walls were down to studs. I wasn't exactly happy, but everyone we talked with said it would be better to start new than to cover the old. 

This is standing at the front door looking at the living room, dining room, and kitchen.

This is in our bedroom looking at the "creepy room".

On Friday, Barry finished building our kitchen! Success! All it needs now is sealed and painted, which I didn't think would take more than a day, but apparently it's not a slap-two-coats-on-and-call-it-good kind of thing. I guess I'll have to be patient.

On Saturday our first load of drywall came! 
I took this picture just so everyone could be in awe of how skilled my grandpa is with backing up a trailer. He got that where it is without anyone helping him. Crazy!


My friend's husband, Jared, came to help with hanging drywall. We were thankful he was there!


This is the first piece going into the kitchen.

Kitchen ceiling is almost finished ...

My dad stopped by and got in on the action.


The kitchen is all hung!

My mom came by on Saturday and provided us all with lunch because she is fantastic. (=

The guys hung a couple of sheets in our bedroom on Saturday too. I'm about to head over soon to see what Barry and his friend, Isaiah, are doing this morning. I'm hoping this part moves along quickly so we can get to the more "delicate" things that I am able to help with!


No comments:

Post a Comment